Sunday, June 5, 2011

You lie like a priceless Persian rug on a rich man's floor...

'You lie like a coon dog basking in the sun on my porch...'
You lie!

You said you'd love me forever - You lie
You said I was all you ever needed - You lie
You said we would grow old together - You lie

'It just comes way to natural to you
The way you lie'

You know what hurts the most? Is he said the last nine years have been a lie. A LIE?! Was I imagining things? Was I in the same relationship as him? Why did it feel so real to me, but now to him it was all a lie? Everything we made together, everything we experienced together, they were all lies?

I'm so mad right now. Mad that he has the balls to take everything that we had together and belittle it by calling it a lie! How dare he rip my world apart by leaving, break my heart into a thousand tiny pieces by cheating and then turn around and spit on it by calling our lives a lie!

'Well, I'll tell you what I'm gonna do
I'm gonna drive into the big ol' muddy river
I'm gonna park my car in the middle of the mile-long bridge
And then I'm gonna cry well maybe just a little
Then I'm gonna slip off the ring that you put on my finger
Give it a big ol' fling and watch it sink
Down, down, down
There it's gonna lie
Until the Lord comes back around'
-The Band Perry

If you can't keep a promise to me, then don't promise it. I'm worth more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment