Monday, June 6, 2011

Who I Am is now Who I Was

I've been having trouble distancing myself from who I was. It feels as though Michael is on a deployment and not that he left. I still think in Army terms, and the military way of life. I went to see JAG today, and while talking to the Lieutenant I came to the realization that Michael and the Army are my WHOLE life. The Lieutenant suggested that before anything is put on paper I should separate the things that are mine from the things that are his. Well, hmmmm... everything thing I have IS HIS. Yeah, I was that wife. That Army wife. I was active in his units activities, I knew most people that he worked with, I participated in the FRG, attended AFTB classes, and worked at the AFAP. Heck, I even helped reveal the Spouse Appreciation Pin ( here ) Yeah, that's me! I was even going to school to work in Public Relations in the Army. Even my favorite t-shirt says My Solider My Hero. It was my WHOLE life, and I loved every second of it. And now I don't know what to do!  What do I do with my Army stuff? Do I keep the awards, can I still wear the shirts?? WHY IS THIS SO CONFUSING!!!!! IS there a right and wrong to this? If so, what are they? I'm lost and I don't know where to even begin to find a new direction in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment