Sunday, June 26, 2011

Reply

"only you allow yourself to fall backwards" Wow. True, so true. I was too busy having a pity party for myself to realize that I am the reason I am feeling this way. He's done, he's gone. I can't change that. But I can NOT let him have control of me anymore. I can take my heart back. I can move on and live my best life. (Thanks Oprah!) It's so easy to play the victim. Very easy. Standing up and fighting. That's the hard stuff. But after nine years of being put down, being told that no matter what I do isn't going to be good enough. I need to prove to Kimmie, that I am enough. Me. Being me is enough. Loving me is enough. Just because he never saw my potential, doesn't mean it isn't there. Doesn't mean that I can still live out my dreams and plans I had before he came along. Why do we give so much control to a person? How did I loose so much of myself in him? Where did I go? I know I'm awesome. I know I'm nice. I know I'm pretty. But I just don't know my worth.

3 comments:

  1. We loose it because LOVE tells us to give all of ourselves, to be vulnerable... but we forget we must be whole before we can give to others. You gave, he took. Now you pay it forward but to yourself. So happy my words can help. Women have to empower each other and stop looking at each other as enemies. No woman takes a man away from another... the man choose to walk towards her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it to this point! You sound like me 4 years ago. It's like you became a different person, a weaker version of yourself, to make your relationship work -- right?! You look back at the things you put up with and can't believe it...but you chalk it up to experience and move on...eventually ;-) Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete