Saturday, August 27, 2011

Unexpected source of strength

This was my first week of college. I had so many anxieties about this week. I'm 30, and thought I would be the oldest person in my classes (I am, but noone has said anything). I didn't know if I would get lost or even if I could do it. But I did. And in the middle of the week, when I was down and having a just plain horrible day, I received a card in the mail. And unexpected source of strength.

Life is hard
sometimes -
crazy, mixed-up,
messed up.
And there you are,
in the middle of it all,
just doing your thing...
being strong and brave and 
beautiful
like it's 
no big deal.

But let me tell you girl,
it is!
Not everyone can do
what you can do.
Not everyone can handle
things the way you can.
While you wonder sometimes
if you are doing ok...
the rest of us are just 
watching in 
Wonder.

This card spoke straight to my heart. Made me cry and realize I can carry on.I keep it in my student planner, so that I see it everyday. Having people believe in me, and support me is an amazing feeling. And I am one lucky girl to be so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment