Friday, August 12, 2011

AH HA!

So, today was my first day volunteering with the deployed airmen and families. *BIG SIGH* It felt like home. That is exactly where I belong. I can't even explain how good I feel about myself right now. In a week I start school, I am volunteering doing something I have a passion for and I'm finally taking care of myself physically. Who knew life could actually be this good, and not suck.
My kids have been in school for two weeks now and being on a schedule has helped a lot with getting settled. Putting them on the bus every morning is hard though. When did they become so independent, and not need mommy anymore? This week I have been taking Tavin to daycare and seeing him run in his room and say "Hi Friends!" melts me. There are two little girls that hug him every morning. I love the innocence and pureness of toddlers.
Needless to say, Kimmie is finding her nitch in life. And a little of my self worth. That is something I struggle with on a daily basis. But I'll get there soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so happy to hear all these wonderful things. It really seems like you're starting your own life with this kids. Schedules and planning, it all helps with getting back to normal. Just wait, in one year from now you'll look back and see all you've achieved and overcome. I know it's still a start so I'll keep praying for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete