Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm there

So, I'm there. As I was driving home from school today, an old song came on the radio. Dixie Chicks, 'You Were Mine'. And to my surprise, and my hearts surprise, no tears. My heart didn't drop, and I didn't even think about my past and the way I thought things should be. I'm there.

This man is the father of my three beautiful babies, and that I will be forever grateful. But I'm there. I'm ready.

I'm going to school. Not to prove a point to anyone, not even to show my kids the right thing to do. I'm doing it for me, completely selfish! Cause, I'm there.

It's been a loooooooooong, rocky road. But everything worth doing, is worth fighting. And this has been an uphill battle. Still is, but, I'm there.

Thank you Mommy and Daddy. Without those two showing me what true unconditional love is, I wouldn't be here!

I am one lucky lady! One lucky Sassy Kimmilicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment